TikTok has a massive, engaged audience.
- The platform will have 87.3 million US adult users in 2024, or 32.6% of US adults, according to a June 2023 forecast.
- Those adult users will average 55 minutes per day on the platform, per our forecast, putting TikTok ahead of YouTube (50 minutes) and Facebook (30 minutes) in terms of time spent by US adult users.
B2B influencers are already on TikTok.
- Creators on TikTok are teaching viewers how to use Microsoft Excel, analyzing Chipotle ads, addressing FTC letters, and offering career advice.
- And users without large followings are also making content about their professional lives.
- Ogilvy named “employee advocacy” as one of its 2024 influencer trends, suggesting companies will put their own employees in front of the camera to extend marketing reach. B2B employee advocacy has long been a trend on LinkedIn, and in 2024 it could extend to TikTok.
- Healthcare IT company Epic Systems leverages TikTok for recruitment with videos featuring employees.
- Other B2B companies also have strong organic presences on TikTok, including Adobe, Grammarly, and Monday.com.
Gen Zers and millennials are becoming B2B buyers.
- These generations are getting older and taking on more decision-making in the B2B buying process.
- People ages 25 to 34 make up nearly a quarter of US TikTok users in 2024, a higher share than any other age range. This age group includes those making B2B buying decisions or those working with decision-makers who could be influenced by this age group’s media habits.