Last week we talked about some of the social listening platforms that are available out there, to help you track the market, your competitors and your brand – and ultimately to help you to better understand the ROI of your social media marketing.
This week we’ll look at some free resources with valuable social media insights on different market sectors, this data for Q2 2020.
Head on over to Social Bakers Regional Platform Benchmarks for Facebook and Instagram trends by sector. This link is for the UK but you can also segment by different countries or look at the Worldwide picture in each case.
There’s a downloadable PDF for each sector in this quarterly industry report – covering everything from Retail to Beauty to Fashion to FMCG – with oodles of really useful data such as:
- Data on the developments in both paid and organic
- Basic data on engagement, number of followers, number of posts
- Total interactions by sector, by platform – for example in the United Kingdom, the Beauty category shares 1.26% of the total interactions of
Brands pages on Facebook and 5.4% (the 6th highest category) on Instagram
- Total audience size – for example, in the United Kingdom, the total audience for the 50 biggest Instagram accounts in Beauty is higher than the total audience for the 50 biggest Facebook accounts. Total posts and total interactions on Instagram are both higher than on Facebook.This suggests that Instagram is a more important channel for beauty marketers to focus their efforts
- Trends on types of posts and performance – based on over 200 individual brands in terms of organic performance on Facebook in the United Kingdom for Beauty brands, for example, LiveVideo performs the best with 88 median post interactions, which is 75 more thanthe 2nd highest post type, Photo. On Instagram however, photo carousels perform best
- Top performing brands – for Beauty in the United Kingdom, the top performing Brands page on Facebook is Myprotein, with 63,643 interactions on 303 posts. Other pages performing well include Charlotte Tilbury and The Body Shop. The top performing Brands profile on Instagram is Charlotte Tilbury again, which has 3,596,493 followers and generated 2,966,747 interactions on 232 posts. Other profiles performing well include Spectrum Collections ® and TATTI LASHES®.
- Individual top posts in details – English Blazer SA, Myprotein and Soap & Glory managed to skyrocket their Facebook performance in Beauty, with the top post generating 33,990 interactions. On Insta, BULK POWDERS® had the top post, generating 314,198 interactions
- Share of voice on promoted posts, cost per click, cost per thousand and impressions by platform, relative spend
- Clickthrough trends over time and compared with the total market
- Evolution of the #Ad usage by influencers
- Top Influencers mentioning sector brands – in the United Kingdom, the top influencers mentioning Beauty on Instagram include Our Tiny Tribe,
Barbara Kardos, and Jahanara Rahman.
- Top brands working with influencers – the top Beauty profile associated with Instagram influencers in the United Kingdom is Sally Hansen UK & Ireland, which has 61 mentions from 49 influencers. Other profiles with successful influencer partnerships include Rimmel London UK & Ireland,
Myprotein , and Impulse 🇬🇧🇮🇪 Fragrances.